I love running, but you almost wouldn’t think so if you saw my go to playlist. I like my runs to have a general kind of angry at the world, “screw you” vibe. It’s like punching a pillow, but way more therapeutic. I tap into any frustration, stress, and negativity I’m feeling and express it by pounding the pavement. Everything I feel like I have to prove – all the no’s, not right nows, and the low expectations I get from the world – they are all confronted in a good run. Running is my therapy. (Lest you be worried about my mental health based on the above, rest assured that I go to actual therapy as well).
My carefully curated list is below. Because I listen to nearly any genre, I have amassed quite a collection over the years. I know that most people these days play a station based on their likes or a certain song, but I like to actually create an entire list (which is why I use Google Play). I need to listen to certain songs during certain activities and I am just too particular for algorithms.
What about you? What kind of music do you like for a workout? Anything suggestions for my list?
1. Human – Rag ‘n’ Bone Man
2. Don’t Let Me Down – The Chainsmokers
3. My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark – Fall Out Boy
4. Starboy – The Weeknd
5. Dream On – Aerosmith
6. Don’t Kill My Vibe – Sigrid
8. God’s Gonna Cut You Down – Johnny Cash
9. Warriors – Imagine Dragons
10. Whatever It Takes – Imagine Dragons
11. Thunder – Imagine Dragons
12. Radioactive – Imagine Dragons (yeah it seems like I might like Imagine Dragons a little too much, but they really kind of own the angry/motivational genre)
13. Lose Yourself – Eminem
14. Remember The Name – Fort Minor
15. Seven Nation Army – The White Stripes
16. Let You Down – NF
17. You Don’t Wanna – Tricky
18. Silence – Marshmellow